Tuesday, November 17, 2009

The supreme idol


John B. Cobb, Jr., Ph.D., is Professor of Theology Emeritus at the Claremont School of Theology, the author of many books, and a leading figure in the field of Process Theology. In a recent speech at Cal State Northridge, Professor Cobb analyzes the current global economic crisis, displaying his characteristic broad sense of historical process, appreciation of the interdisciplinary, pluralistic, and global context for Christian thinking, and comprehensive ethical concern. I am publishing a link to this essay because it articulates by own thoughts and questions better than I could have myself.


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Petaluma, California, United States
I am a priest in the Episcopal Church, and have been (among other things) an organic farmer and gardener, and a Zen monk. I have a lifelong interest in social and spiritual renewal on the basis of contemplative discipline, creative nonviolence, and ecological practice. In recent years my work has focused intensely on the responsibility of pastoral ministry in the humanistic, evangelical, and catholic branch of Christianity known as Anglicanism. I'm married with a daughter, and have three brothers and two parents.